When you are in love, you never seem to be short of something to say to your loved one but how much of it is memorable?
We may say a lot but most of it blown away with the wind, never to be thought of again. Sometimes though, there are words that are profound. Whether they were contemplated over, spent a long time thinking of or are just a spur of the moment retort, they are truly memorable and deep in meaning.
Here are 10 of perhaps the more memorable quotes of romance.
- “What lies behind us, what lies before us are little matter to what lies within us”.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
. When you are in love, nothing seems to matter outside of what you are doing together.
- “A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years”.
. This is a reminder to us all that love has no age barrier, it is not something that is restricted to the young.
- “Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement and it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining them kissing every part of your body. That is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away
”. Louis de Bernjéres
. This is a good reminder to all of us that love is not just that first meeting or the short time afterwards, love is a long term commitment.
- “I may not be your first, but to be your last would be perfect”.
I was surprised to find that the originator of this witty but romantic one liner is not known, as many a person could be proud of thinking it.
- “I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love”.
. Surely with wisdom like this, she must become a Saint.
- “Real love stories never have endings”
. Richard Bach
. This best selling American writer certainly has a way with words.
- “Only from the heart can you touch the sky”.
. If this 13th century Persian mystic and poet knew the heights that love can attain and those heights haven’t changed today; then something must ring true.
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies”.
. Trust the ancient Greeks to find the real meaning.
- “Love takes up where knowledge leaves off”.
Saint Thomas Aquinas”
. This Italian Roman Catholic Priest certainly understood that love is nothing that can be taught, you can only learn of it from it.
- “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile”.
Franklin P. Jones
.This catchy little phrase certainly suitably, sums up what love is all about and that to miss out on it, is something of a tragedy.